Monday, January 19, 2009

Being an artist and mother

Creativity and the mother go hand in hand. How perfect the two are intertwined. Inspiration is often free flowing in the world of motherhood. How can it not be. Children are perfect inspirations of ourselves.

The difficulties we face are mainly time. Trying to find that moment of absolute freedom to think can be very difficult. Mothers minds often trollop and the thoughts of their children. Keeping in mind that our children our are most prized possessions. We usually forget ourselves.

So how does one intermingle creative artistic expression and motherhood. Only the mother can tell you. For me they go hand and hand.

I see everything as an expression of life. From a babies messed up bed hair, to a child running free from clothes.

My children are my life. Art is my life. We are one.

No comments:

Post a Comment