Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Vermont in the winter- New painting

Cold.It is the only word to describe living in Northern Vermont. Though the beauty definitely outweighs the below freezing temperatures we endure. Vermonters are pretty hardy in this weather, we may complain but it almost does not faze us. Many of us can not even tell the difference anymore between -20 and 20. I love the stillness in this cold Vermont weather everything is calm and serene.

Photography is perfect this time of year. I happen to get a favorite tree of mine captured and I got the chance to paint it last night. It is an ugly stump of a tree but it supports an entire new tree on its limb. It is truly amazing.


So last night after a long day of visiting the science museum with the kids for homeschooler's day I was inspired to paint my tree. I love how it came out. I of course made the tree stand out more in my painting than in the actual photograph because my camera could not quite capture its full beauty.

To purchase this painting please visit my website at Http://www.Allthingsimple.com

No comments:

Post a Comment